Accreditation and Rankings
Your degree is legit.
The University of Texas Permian Basin is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate and master’s degrees. If you have any questions about UT Permian Basin’s accreditation, contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 300333-4097 or call 404-679-4500.
Programs throughout the University have been accredited by specialized accrediting organizations as shown below.
College of Arts and Sciences
- Athletic Training – Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE)
- Music – National Association of Schools of Music (NASM)
- Social Work – Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
- Visual Arts – National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD)
College of Business
- Business Administration – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
College of Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering – Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET)
- Petroleum Engineering – Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET)
College of Education
- Educator Certification – The Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
- Texas Education Agency – Accountability System for Educator Preparation (TEA)