This course is designed to cover the principals and technologies of well production, completion, production tubing, packers, sand control, wellhead, artificial lift, and surface facilities. It also provides students with in-depth understanding of principles of production technology.
Course Credits: 3
Prerequisites: PTEC 3304 or consent of instructor
Student Learning Outcomes
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in lifelong learning.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
Discuss the basics of well production
Understand the components of production system Discuss basics of sand production problems Discuss basics of tubing strings
Explain principles of Sucker Rod Pump
Explain principles of ESP and PCP
Explain fundamentals of gas lift
Describe plunger lift and hydraulic pump systems
Describe the basics of wellhead and surface facilities