This course focuses on management of supply chain processes and concepts. It discusses topics in operations, marketing, or finance functions in a manufacturing or distribution firm and important supply chain metrics in a globalizing business environment. It will also discuss how to make supply chain decisions in the context of production planning and inventory control and order fulfillment coordination.
Course Credits: 3
Prerequisites: MBA student standing.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Identify basic vocabulary of supply chain management (using the text and quizzes).
- Evaluate situations in which supply chain managers might need (through participation in the discussion boards).
- Assess aspects inherent in supply chain management and guiding decisions (through the course project).
- Assess a competitive position in the context of supply chain management in a globalizing business environment (using the project).
- Analyze supply chain management situations (with participation in the discussions).