A study of the history of art from prehistoric to the Renaissance.
Course Credits: 3
Student Learning Outcomes
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify and interpret major works of art from Prehistory to the late Medieval Period.
- Construct a vocabulary of art terms and stylistic traits and apply them to works of art.
- Demonstrate knowledge about specific art works as they relate to the political, social and cultural influences of the time period when they were created.
- Create art projects that demonstrate an understanding of the stylistic elements and materials of the era.
- Critique works of art using a formal, stylistic, or contextual analysis.