This course provides a survey of economic systems, forms of business ownership, and considerations for running a business. Students will learn various aspects of business, management, and leadership functions; organizational considerations; and decisionmaking processes. Financial topics are introduced including accounting, money and banking, and securities markets. Also included are discussions of business challenges in the legal and regulatory environment, business ethics, social responsibility, and international business. Emphasized is the dynamic role of business in everyday life.
Course Credits: 3
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify various aspects of businesses within the global environment.
- Identify various aspects of entrepreneurship.
- Compare and contrast various forms of business organizations.
- Compare and contrast various forms of leadership and management techniques within an organization.
- Identify various aspects of marketing strategies and business finance.