An overview of the principles techniques and practices of supply chain management through strategic alliances and information management. Topics include but are not limited to supplier selection purchasing e-commerce production decisions inventory and warehousing distribution and transportation.
Satisfy customer needs by reducing time required to design, process, and deliver products. Use appropriate transportation, warehousing, and logistics to lower costs.
Course Credits: 3
Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites for this course
Student Learning Outcomes
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Understand the importance of supply chain management to firm success
- Identify market segmentation and the role of network design
- Comprehend inventory management concepts
- Understand the application of lean and total quality management principles to supply chains
- Understand the complex international issues related to global supply chains