A survey of the major laws and regulations impacting health services organization and providers.
Course Credits: 3
Prerequisites: PLSC 2305
Student Learning Outcomes
- CO1: Compare the roles of state and federal government with respect to healthcare law (Module I)
- CO2: Describe courts and legal procedure involving healthcare (Module II)
- CO3: Analyze elements of contractual relationships (Module III)
- CO4: Discuss torts, personal injury and conflict resolution (Module IV)
- CO5: Discuss criminal law and health care (Module V).
- CO6: Discuss regulation of healthcare professions (Module VI)
- CO7: Discuss healthcare organizations (Module VII)
- CO8: Discuss the rights of patients (Module VIII)
- CO9: Compare different forms of employment relationships (Module IX)