The role of the operations management function within the context of an organization, be it public or private, profit or nonprofit, manufacturing, or service. The course emphasizes the application of concepts of process analysis, material management, and quality management. Both quantitative and behavioral perspectives are presented.
Course Credits: 3
Student Learning Outcomes
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate the function of operations and control of manufacturing or service entities
- Relate to constraint management
- Utilize the Theory of Constraints
- Simplify inventory management
- Develop supply chain management
- Recommend operations scheduling
- Improve project management
- Develop quality control procedures
The case study approach is used to examine much of the material and includes oral presentations, critiques, and written reports.