This course provides an overview of the role of marketing in the Healthcare industry. It will examine the methods for designing healthcare systems responsive to patient needs and the promoting and pricing of healthcare services. Issues related to ethics and social responsibility in the marketing of healthcare services will be studied.
Course Credits: 3
Prerequisites: Principles of Marketing, MRKT 3300 (UTPB), or equivalent
Student Learning Outcomes
- Explain the marketing components of healthcare services.
- Identify the vocabulary of Marketing with regards to the healthcare industry.
- Identify the role of the 4 p’s of marketing in the healthcare industry.
- Demonstrate the segmentation, targeting, and positioning of services in the healthcare industry.
- Develop a comprehensive health care marketing plan to gain full understanding of the issues that might surface during the implementation process.