A description of major economic problems facing modern societies is presented together with how the capitalistic market system addresses these issues. The emphasis is on macroeconomics theory and practice.
Course Credits: 3
Prerequisites: Sophomore Standing
Student Learning Outcomes
- Define and explain the uses of real GDP as a measure of economic well-being.
- Explain and measure the problems of unemployment and inflation.
- Explain the theories of economic growth and policies and calculate economic growth rate.
- Describe the flow of funds in financial markets and explain how government influence financial markets.
- Determine exchange rate and describe exchange rate policies and balance of payments.
- Determine and explain fiscal and monetary policies and their effect on economic growth.