Study of techniques and procedures for developing efficient facilities layout.
Purpose: This course provides a basic understanding the concepts, science, and strategic decision processes associated with locating and designing facilities.
Course Credits: 3
Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites for this course
Student Learning Outcomes
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Explain how facility design can enhance customer satisfaction
- Explain how facility design can enhance Return on Assets
- Explain how facility design can reduce costs and grow supply chain profitability
- Identify methods to effectively utilize people, equipment, space and energy in facilities
- Identify methods to enhance ease of maintenance in facilities
- Identify safety hazards in facilities