Study of leadership, management, and technology in industry and society. Implications of technology and technological change on business.
Purpose: This course is a study of management and planning skills for use in business, industry, government with emphasis on how technology influences competition and organizational planning.
Course Credits: 3
Prerequisites: There are not prerequisites for this course
Student Learning Outcomes
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Define Technology
- Explain how competitive forces that shape the competitive environment
- Identify the five competitive forces
- Define corporate strategy
- Explain the use of the Balanced Scorecard as a strategic management system
- Explain Disruptive Innovation
- Explain steps that established firms can take to survive disruptive innovation
- Define Dynamic Capabilities