Provide a basic understanding of the construction industry, construction materials, tools, and equipment.
Course Credits: 3
Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites for this course
Student Learning Outcomes
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Define Construction Technology
- Describe advances made in construction materials, tools, and equipment
- Describe the content of a community development plan
- Describe the role of laws, codes and product standards in safety of construction products
- Distinguish among building, plumbing, mechanical, and electrical codes.
- Explain the construction project design process
- Explain steps that established firms can take to survive disruptive innovation