Study of quadratics, polynomial, rational, logarithmic, and exponential functions; systems of equations; progressions; sequences and series; and matrices and determinants.
Course Credits: 4
Prerequisites: Two years of high school algebra, one year of high school geometry, and satisfactory score on placement examination or completion of MATH 0399.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Simplify exponents, radicals, rational equations.
- Multiply and factor polynomials.
- Perform operations to rational expressions.
- Solve linear, quadratic, and polynomial equations and use them in applications.
- Graph relations and functions and apply them to real-life situations.
- Solve systems of linear equations and apply them to real-life situations.
- Apply properties of exponents and logarithms to solve equations arising from applications.