An introduction to petroleum industry technology, equipment usage, and operating procedures.
Course Credits: 3
Student Learning Outcomes
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Explain in general terms how and where petroleum deposits are formed.
- Define the elements that make up a productive and economic reservoir.
- Describe the primary activities and equipment needed to drill and complete a well.
- Distinguish between the various type of produced and marketed fluids.
- List the methods of transportation of petroleum products.
- Explain the process of petroleum production (upstream and downstream).
- Identify the elements of a petroleum production company, whether independent or integrated major.