This course covers all the basic and fundamental cryptographic algorithms and security protocols for computer networks such as classical encryptions, DES, AES, RC4, RSA, Diffie-Hellman, ElGamal, Elliptic curve, SHA, MAC etc.
Course Credits: 3
Student Learning Outcomes
- Analyze and design classical encryption techniques and their applications for computer networks.
- Analyze and design block ciphers and their applications for computer networks.
- Understand and analyze data encryption standard.
- Understand and analyze advanced encryption standard.
- Design confidentiality schemes using symmetric encryption.
- Understand and analyze public-key cryptography and RSA.
- Design key management schemes.
- Analyze and design hash and MAC algorithms.
- Analyze and design digital signatures and authentication protocols.