This course covers basic and fundamental cryptographic algorithms and security protocols for computer networks. In addition, the course covers security mechanisms, attacks and solutions on various wireless communication technologies such as Wifi, Bluetooth, RFID, GSM, 3G, 4G, 5G, Mobile IP etc.
Course Credits: 3
Student Learning Outcomes
- Analyze and design classical encryption techniques and their applications for computer networks.
- Understand and analyze data encryption standard, advanced encryption standard.
- Design confidentiality schemes using symmetric encryption.
- Understand and analyze public-key cryptography and RSA.
- Understand and analyze security mechanisms. attacks and solutions for Wifi technolgies.
- Understand and analyze security vulnerabilities on wireless personal area network, Bluetooth.
- Understand and analyze RFID, Has lock, security vulnerabilities.
- Understand and analyze GSM security vulnerabilities and solutions.
- Describe 3G, 4G security architecture, mechanisms and solutions.
- Analyze 5G security architecture, solutions and mechanisms.