This course presents an overview of the principles and practices of Geosciences Information System (GIS). The objective of this class is to emphasize the fundamentals and importance of geosciences information.
Course Credits: 3
Student Learning Outcomes
- CLO 1: Define the tools of a GIS and appropriate uses
- Identify the free ArcGIS online tools, and create a simple map
- Locate, import, manipulate, and display geographic information in ArcGIS by Environmental System Research Institute, ESRI.
- Create shapefiles, geodatabase for different types of maps in ArcGIS
- Construct Georeference for a raster image
- Define the terms related to the geographic and projected coordinate system
- Change the map properties and save them in the ArcMap project (.mxd)
- Explain how coordinate systems are used and describe their differences.
- 9) Use the appropriate projected and geographic co-ordinate systems in ArcGIS
- Identify the topological errors in ArcGIS Maps