The purpose of this course is to review evidence-based practices for teaching exceptional learners including: Response to Intervention, Universal Design for Learning, Learning by Design, and Self-determination. Additionally it will focus on the integration of mobile technology for promoting the success of individuals with exceptionalities.
Course Credits: 3
Prerequisites: Admission into graduate program.
Student Learning Outcomes
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the purpose for using mobile technology in higher education.
- Evaluate the tools available and the purpose for implementing mobile technology in your classroom.
- Justify the background, purpose, and process of RTI.
- Discuss the suggested members for an RTI team.
- Justify the background, components, implementation, and development of UDL in a classroom.
- Devise a UDL lesson plan.
- Assess the role of mobile technology in UDL.
- Analyze the background and development of Learning by Design.
- Evaluate how Learning by Design impacts learners of the future.
- Conclude how LBD can be implemented for diverse learners.
- Evaluate the educational processes involved in transitioning out of high school.
- Generate a list of resources are available to young adults with disabilities.
- Formulate a plan to use mobile technology to facilitate independence for individuals with disabilities.