Learning strategies and methods for delivery of instruction for students with high incidence disabilities will be examined. Emphasis will be on developing strategic environments, curriculum, and models of inclusive settings.
Course Credits: 3
Prerequisites: Successful completion of EDSP 6339.
Student Learning Outcomes
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Delineate teacher competencies and professional standards for special education.
- Describe empirically validated methods for teaching mathematics, science, reading, and English Language Arts.
- Increase student performance in learning activities through various instructional strategies.
- Increase student engagement through the implementation of specific techniques designed to increase opportunities to respond.
- Understand the connection between assessment and instruction by becoming familiar with a variety of classroom-based assessment procedures.
- Increase the ability to identify educational problems and follow a process orientation toward problem solutions and curriculum instructional modifications.
- Implement strategic instruction based upon ongoing assessment and make appropriate instructional decisions based upon these data.