The purpose of this course is for students to review evidence-based Curriculum and Instruction practices for individuals with ASD.
Course Credits: 3
Prerequisites: Acceptance into graduate program.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course learners will be able to:
- Evaluate and compare evidence-based practices.
- Identify critical elements of the cognitive behavior therapy approach.
- Identify their learner’s physical, attention, adaptive, academic, and organizational challenges involved with successful completion of homework.
- Evaluate Antecedent-Based Interventions.
- Define the term individual work systems and describe the importance of these systems for individuals with autism at home, at school, and in the community.
- Compare individual characteristics that lead to successful outcomes for each intervention.