The purpose of this course is for students to evaluate physical and cognitive development of individuals with ASD from birth through adulthood in order to analyze and implement appropriate evidence-based practices for each stage of life.
Course Credits: 3
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course learners will be able to:
- Compare the characteristics of individuals with developmental delays to those who are typically developing.
- Examine the early signs of ASD and tools for early identification.
- Evaluate obstacles related to transitions across grade levels and schools for individuals with ASD.
- Examine the family impact of an ASD diagnosis.
- Identify the barriers to independent living for an adult with ASD.
- Examine issues related to romantic relationships and sexuality for adults with ASD.