Emphasis on development of the student’s own writing through formal experimentation, workshopping, and projects, with significant attention paid to literary conventions of modern and contemporary writing in Poetry.
Course Credits: 3
Prerequisites: Enrollment in the English MA
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Students demonstrate their knowledge of the reading processes.
- Students demonstrate an understanding of the unique challenges that the literary genres present.
- Students demonstrate a competency for being able to echo the forms and genres in their own right.
- Students will be able to identify and avoid clichés as well as worn out formulas and formula writing.
- Students will develop editing skills through weekly practice in workshops.