Development of the theory, principles, and techniques of accounting for branches, business combinations and consolidations, and multinational business organizations.
Course Credits: 3
Prerequisites: 6 hours of intermediate accounting or equivalent.
Student Learning Outcomes
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Account for equity method investments.
- Describe and account for business combinations and consolidations.
- Account for intracompany transactions in consolidated entities.
- Account for translation of foreign currency financial statements.
- Account for partnerships, including formation, dissolution, and earnings allocations.
- Account for foreign currency transactions.
- Explain the international financial accounting environment and development of international financial accounting standards.
- Account for interim and segment reporting.