The major objective of this course is to introduce the concepts of international marketing and for students to understand the four P’s of marketing in the global arena. The course will present these concepts from a practitioner’s perspective, intending to help develop skills that may be used by a marketing professional in an ever-changing global economy.
Course Credits: 3
Prerequisites: Graduate standing.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Develop a set of clear and holistic knowledge of international marketing and decision-making.
- Recognize geo-political environment affecting international marketing.
- Evaluate international marketing principles from the marketing strategy perspective.
- Determine how to segment the market within the global marketing setting.
- Apply the marketing research methods in the international arena.
- Outline the different components of international marketing processes.
- Create a marketing plan for an international business with a focus on skill development. The paper expects you to do research to be able to draw meaningful conclusions.
The course will be taught using an experiential learning approach. If you have a problem participating in marketing activities during the semester, please discuss this with the instructor. Accommodations may be possible.