Introduction to the use of financial and non-financial accounting information for management, decision making and control.
Course Credits: 3
Prerequisites: ACCT 2301, and Math 1324 or equivalent
Student Learning Outcomes
By the end of this course students should be able to:
(1) understand the relationships between financial and managerial accounting,
(2) understand the problem of cost assignment and impact on economic decision making,
(3) gain a basic understanding of the cost accumulation and assignment processes used for internal accounting purposes,
(4) understand how management accounting information is used in business settings to plan and control operations, and
(5) gain a basic understanding of the development and role of nonfinancial performance measures in management accounting.