Overview of global health, including determinants of health, health indicators, human rights, globalization, current socioeconomic factors, health care systems and public health systems and global health policies; nursing interventions to impact global health disparities; examination of the burden and distribution of disease and mortality; management of health issues and nursing care around the world and its impact on health care locally.
Course Credits: 4
Student Learning Outcomes
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Differentiate among current socioeconomic factors affecting global health.
- Integrate nursing interventions to impact global health disparities.
- Evaluate the effect of global health policies on health care systems.
- Analyze determinants of health among global health populations.
- Examine the impact of global health issues on local health care.
- Apply critical reasoning/decision-making skills in management of global health issues.