This course explores the use of social media as a marketing tool. Students develop a social media marketing plan for an actual organization, learn best practices for popular social media channels, and hone their writing skills for specific formats and audiences.
Course Credits: 3
Prerequisites: MRKT 3300, or equivalent
Student Learning Outcomes
Toward the end of the semester, the students will achieve the following objectives:
- Understand social media marketing
- Differentiate social media marketing from traditional off-line marketing
- Analyze the audience of general social media campaigns and of specific messages.
- Describe current social media channels that companies/brands use for marketing.
- Analyze the functional components of social media channels.
- Assess the effectiveness of real-life social media campaigns and messages.
- Explain how to measure the effectiveness of a social media campaign.
- Develop a social-media marketing plan for a self-selected company/brand.