In this final seminar course students will appraise and reflect on content and experiences of prior nursing courses, discuss transition into the professional nursing role, synthesize principles of culturally congruent holistic patient care, evidence-based nursing leadership, informatics, inter-professional quality improvement, and patient safety through discussion, personal reflection, and development of a professional portfolio. This course is web-enhanced.
Course Credits: 1
Prerequisites: NURS 4150; NURS 4151, and all required nursing courses or at discretion of faculty.
Student Learning Outcomes
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Summarize and reflect on nursing education and preparation for graduation and professional practice.
- Analyze the challenges and theories of nursing leadership in relation to role transitions.
- Differentiate between the novice nurse and expert professional nurse
- Demonstrate characteristics of adult learning, including self-direction, commitment to life-long learning and involvement in the profession and self-care
- Design a professional portfolio